SAN ANTONIO, TX - The San Antonio Professional Firefighters Association is proud to support "A Night In Haiti" on Nov. 6, 2016, to support victims of Hurricane Matthew with a screening of the Grace and Mercy documentary, Haitian hors d'oeuvres, and a silent auction.
- WHAT: A Night In Haiti: A community coming together to support victims of Hurricane Matthew featuring the screening of the Grace and Mercy documentary, Haitian hors d'oeuvres, and a silent auction
- WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016
- WHERE: SAPFFA Union Hall at 8925 IH-10 Frontage Road, San Antonio, TX 78230
- TIME: Doors open at 4 p.m., Documentary screening at 5 p.m.
San Antonio firefighter John Hicks and his wife, Meagan, have been traveling to Haiti for the past five years, where they have been working with the Foyer Espoir Pour Les Enfants (FEPE) orphanage. Their mission to help Haitian children has transformed into a vision to not only show these children love, but provide them education and better their health. They are now working to establish a Haitian coffee shop, where they plan to donate 50% of the proceeds to the FEPE orphanage. For more on their amazing work so far, visit http://www.thegivingspot.com/rooted-locally/.
Attendees are asked to give $10 tax deductible donation at the door, but additional tax deductible donations are welcome. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to bring items to help Hurricane Matthew victims, the following items are needed:
- Clothing & Shoes
- Staples / Dry Foods
- First Aid
- School Supplies
- Office Supplies
- Building & Electrical Supplies
To learn more about The Giving Spot, visit http://www.thegivingspot.com/ or visit them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For more information on the Hope for Haitian Children Foundation, visit http://www.hopeforhaitianchildren.org/.