SAN ANTONIO, TX - The inaugural Woody Woodcock Memorial Fishing Tournament “Reel’n for Woody” will be on Thursday, Oct. 13. Woody used to run the SAFD Fall Fishing Tournament and this year, we will be carrying on the tradition and honoring his memory.
- WHAT: Saltwater fishing tournament with raffle and door prizes
- WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016 (C shift Fire, C shift EMS)
- WHERE: Ransom Park in Aransas Pass
- TIME: Weigh in will be at 4 p.m.
- FEES: $40 per contestant, $45 after Oct. 7 (cash only)
- REGISTER: http://www.reelnforwoody.com/
A pre-party will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 6 p.m. at the Poor Man's Country Club at 1009 Hwy 35N in Rockport, Texas. A BBQ dinner will be served. The event will feature a 3 gun raffle and 2 YETI coolers. The raffle tickets are $25, and you do not need to be present to win.
Register online at http://www.reelnforwoody.com/. All fees must be paid by Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. After that, the fees will increase to $45 cash only. Checks can be made out to the San Antonio Firefighters Athletic Club (FFAC) and mailed or brought into the San Antonio Professional Firefighters Association Union Hall at 8925 IH-10 Frontage Road. With payment, please list the names of people entered and their shirt sizes.
- Weigh in promptly at 4 p.m. No stragglers allowed into weigh in.
- Boats must have at least one SAFD Firefighter on board, all people in boat must be entered, no guides allowed.
- Kayak, Surf, Jetty and Pier fishermen welcome as long as one in the party is SAFD.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in Trout, Slot Redfish, Oversized Tagged Redfish, Black Drum, and Flounder.
- All retirees of SAFD are welcome to enter
There will be cold beverages and door prizes at the weigh-in.
For more information, visit http://www.reelnforwoody.com/ or contact Chris Salsedo E7-A (210-854-4128), Billy Cornwell E34C (210-875-3284), Brandon Blandford E34C (210-416-6975), Justin Sifuentes L35-B (210-488-1671), or Bobby Ford M14D (210-365-7865).